Mission, Vision & Values
Direction Home Akron Canton centers long-term care on the person – not the problem. We really get to know you and your loved ones, so that we can help you navigate your long-term care options with dignity and understanding.
Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities provides older adults, people with disabilities, and their caregivers long term care choices and consumer protection so they can achieve the highest quality of life.
Direction Home Akron Canton will be the central access point and the preferred long-term care management organization for all people with disabilities.
We are committed to compassionate care. That’s why we:
- Recruit and retain competent, courteous, and compassionate people who share the passion for our mission
- Be the best by exceeding expectations and working together
- Grow the next generation of leaders
- Utilize efficient and effective business principles to achieve excellent service
- Emphasize long-term success over short-term expediency
- Be open and honest
- Empower staff with the authority needed to carry out their responsibility
- Take ownership... realize responsibility goes hand-in-hand with authority
- Hold one another accountable
- Find solutions not barriers... say how you can, not why you can't... get it done
- Measure opportunities with feasibility... no margin, no mission
- Our employees are our most valuable asset
“I was in a nursing home for three years after suffering a stroke. All I wanted was to return to my house in the country. With the help of legal aid, my daughter and your services, my wish has come true. Now I’m getting all sorts of services, including transportation, home-delivered meals and a personal care aide.” – Bill R.