2019 Caregiver Connection: Cultivating Caregiving
08/22/2019 08:30 - 15:00
Embassy Suites Akron Canton Airport 7883 Freedom Ave. NW North Canton
Direction Home and The Oak Clinic are once again hosting the annual Caregiver Connection program. This year's theme is "Cultivating Caregiving" and is packed with useful information and fun, pampering make & takes. $25 for professionals needing CEUs; all others are FREE.
- 8:30-9:00 am: Registration
- 9:15 – 10:15 am: Navigating the Legal Landscape when Health Declines
Sam Butcher is an experienced elder law attorney with his own growing and expanding law firm. He is understanding and compassionate. He takes time with his clients to ensure they feel comfortable and understand this complex area of law. Sam is so dedicated to his clients that each receives his personal cell phone number. Sam can help you and your family prevent mistakes and preserve assets.
- 10:15 am—11:30 am: Tootsie Tea (make & take)
We will make a pampering foot soak for you to take home and enjoy
- 11:30 am—12:15 pm: Lunch (Choice of pork loin, chicken marsala
and vegetarian antipasto plate)
- 12:15 pm—1:15 pm: Who Ruffles Your Feathers? (1.0 CEU: LSW/LISW/SWA; Nurses via reciprocity with the SW board; LPC/LPCC)
Marcella Balin is a well-known and highly regarded educator and presenter. She is an independent nurse entrepreneur and lecturer with thirty-eight years of experience. Marcella brings years of ongoing professional education in human and organizational development to her workshops. She is a very energetic and dynamic speaker.
- 1:15 pm—2:45 pm: String Art (make & take)
Strung by Shawna will be there and show us how to make an adorable string
art project you won’t want to miss!
- 2:45 pm-3:00 pm: Gift Basket Giveaway
All attendees will receive the book: Speak a Powerful Magic: Ten Years
of the Traveling Stanzas Poetry Project