Mission, Vision & Values
Direction Home Akron Canton centers long-term care on the person – not the problem. We really get to know you and your loved ones, so that we can help you navigate your long-term care options with dignity and understanding.
We provide choices for people to live independently in the place they want to call home.
Direction Home Akron Canton will be the central access point and the preferred long-term care management organization for all people with disabilities.
We are committed to compassionate care. That’s why we:
- Recruit and retain competent, courteous and compassionate people
- Are invested in growing the next generation of leaders
- Strive to exceed the expectations of our consumers and partners
- Utilize sound business principles to achieve excellent service
- Emphasize long-term success over short-term expediency
- Are open and honest in all communications
- Realize that responsibility goes hand-in-hand with authority
- Empower our staff with the authority needed to carry out their responsibilities
“I was in a nursing home for three years after suffering a stroke. All I wanted was to return to my house in the country. With the help of legal aid, my daughter and your services, my wish has come true. Now I’m getting all sorts of services, including transportation, home-delivered meals and a personal care aide.” – Bill R.