There’s nothing quite like a good night’s sleep in your own home, right? If you’ve spent time in a long-term care facility, the HOME Choice program may be able to help you achieve just that. Created to help people move from a hospital, nursing facility or residential treatment facility to a less restrictive home or community-based setting of their choice, HOME Choice allows you to live on your own without being alone.
HOME Choice Services
HOME Choice is coordinated by the Ohio Department of Medicaid. It is a benefit of Money Follows the Person, a federal grant program, and is of no cost to those who qualify. Participants receive:
- Transition coordination
- Case management
- Community transition services
- Assistance with finding and obtaining housing
- Purchasing of goods and services needed to get re-established in the community
- Transportation services
Additional "wraparound" services and supports, such as communication aids and service animals, are also available for those who may or may not enroll in a Medicaid waiver program.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for HOME Choice, you must:
- Reside in a long-term care facility for at least 90 days
- Have care needs evaluated by HOME Choice staff
- Have at least one Medicaid claim while in the inpatient facility
- Move into a qualified residence
For more information regarding the HOME Choice program, call the Aging and Disability Resource Center at 877.770.5558.